Sunday, October 16, 2011

ALL about my birthing experience.

Two days before I had Addison, the doctor stripped my membranes to try to get things goin cause i was 2cm and 80% effaced for about 3 weeks.. He had also scheduled for me to get induced on the 22nd that Thursday just in case I hadnt gone into labor by then. After the doctor stripped my membranes, i had started feeling crampy almost instantly! 
Well, Wednesday night came along, of course I cant sleep cause I was supposed to be at the hospital at 4AM that Thursday morning.. But thats besides the point lol.. at about 10pm Wednesday night I was getting cramps, I couldnt tell what was a braxton hick or a contraction because they were so low in my stomach, and everyone told me contractions were felt through your entire stomach.. Well they kept getting stronger, and closer together.. I knew they HAD to be contractions! Finally 1130pm comes and I can no longer speak during the contractions they were hurting so bad. I didnt wanna just jump and run to the hospital though cause I just still wasnt sure if they were really contractions, so I call the hospital and they tell me to come in!
By time we get there and check in, they are 3 minutes apart and HOLY S*** they hurt! lol I get taken to this room where they monitor me before actually admitting me. I was only 3cm so the nurse tells me to walk for an hr then she will check me again, if nothing has changed I may have to go home. We walk, she checks, Im still only 3cm and at this point in LOTS of pain! I look at her and just cry and tell her cant send me home like this! (And I was being such a champ through these contractions up until this point!) She said well I really think this is the real deal, so walk a bit more and ill check in a few.. at this point i cant even walk lol!! Finally Im 4cm and I get admitted! 
I get my epidural THANK GOD! I tried to nap a bit.. Oh by the way I got to the hospital at about midnight or so and admitted at about 4am. 
At about 10am I was still at 5cm, so the nurse decides to give me pitocin and says she will check me in 2 hours. So at maybe 1130am Im starting to feel like Addison is coming.. first time i felt it i just blew it off, thinking it was maybe a contraction.. second time I'm like OH NO Niels, I think you need to call the nurse ASAP! I tell her i think i need to push, she checks me and says "OH MY GOODNESS! that happened alot faster than i thought, yes its time to push!" 
I felt like everyone in the room got chaotic at that point! lol My in-laws had JUST got there and so did my dad so they came in wished me luck and everyone was kicked out right when they got there lol! 
The doctor was busy with someone else at that moment and the nurse kept telling me, wait, wait to push, wait! Im thinking to myself, im not pushin, but shes coming!! The doctor came in after my second or third push. I think I pushed about 10 times or so.. maybe more I wasnt exactly counting lol. They were kinda telling me when to push and that sorta thing, but in that moment I just tuned everyone out and pushed when i felt like I needed to. 
Finally she came! 12:09 pm on the 22nd!
I pushed for about 30 minutes! It was kinda easy too now that I think about it :] It could have been way worse! 
Overall it was a great experience, only Niels was in the room and I had my best friend Jamie on skype with me (cause shes in Afganistan).. I dont think I would change one thing about her birthday! Except I wish my best friend was there in person :\ But Im really glad she saw everything on camera anyways! It was great! 


Here are some pictures from that day!






Afterwards.. we were pooped!

1 comment:

  1. I love it! and you! and your new baby girl! She is so amazing! I love love watching you two as parents also!!

    ReplyDelete